Breeding and Raising and Hatching of Barnyard Chickens!!!!!!!!!!

Do you have any barnyard chickens?

• Yes and I love to breed them

Votes: 93 57.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 55 34.0%
  • No and I'm glad

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • No

Votes: 12 7.4%

• Total voters
I am still planning on doing the Easter hatch. I haven't been able to find just showgirl/silkie eggs locally like I wanted, but I found a girl that has some nice showgirls in her flock so I will probably get a couple dozen from her and hope some of them are showgirls. She also has frizzles/sizzles, cochins, silkies, nn's of course and some other mixes, so it should be interesting to see what I get. Just can't wait until next month so I can set them!!

You have to show us pictures! That will be very interesting! I love showgirls!

Good luck!

I need to resist the temptation to hatch more chicks. It's only February. Plus I need to have the permanent coop built before I get any ideas :p   

:gig yeah see I should be doing the same thing but I CANT WAIT ANY LONGER! So I'm only putting four eggs in which means I will probably only end up with 1-2 chicks if fertility was bad since its February but either way I'm excited!

Nah, You'll probably have all four hatch. Then when you realize how cute they were when they get older (like 2 weeks old). You'll end up hatching more.
Why do chickens have to be like potato chips? You can't have just one.
lau.gif

I'm holding out so when May rolls around I'll still have enough of my chicken budget to get some bbs Orps, some bantam cochins, and possibly some Marans, as well as something that lays blue. All from local breeders. The list is really much larger but those are my main focus, let's hope I don't get sidetracked....

LOL nah I have to keep my numbers down I am trying to keep only 15 chickens I have 8 right now! I wish you the best of luck on trying not to get sidetracked! :lol:

You have to show us pictures! That will be very interesting! I love showgirls!
Me too, but apparently they aren't popular around here cause I'm having a heck of a time finding them. I asked one old family friend who's family raises chickens and are heavily into the agriculture world if they knew anyone and her husband says, "No, and why are you looking for them? They are ugly!" lol I have seen some not so pretty ones, but I've seen a lot of gorgeous ones too...lol

Back
Top Bottom