Breeding and Raising and Hatching of Barnyard Chickens!!!!!!!!!!

Do you have any barnyard chickens?

• Yes and I love to breed them

Votes: 93 57.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 55 34.0%
  • No and I'm glad

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • No

Votes: 12 7.4%

• Total voters
The time lapse will definitely make it more interesting, since it seems to be taking a really long time for each chick. The eggs wiggle a bit, we hear them, and maybe a tiny bit of shell cracks off. Then the chicks rest for a while. The first one has been at it for a couple of hours with only a small hole in the shell so far.

The time lapse will definitely make it more interesting, since it seems to be taking a really long time for each chick.  The eggs wiggle a bit, we hear them, and maybe a tiny bit of shell cracks off.  Then the chicks rest for a while.  The first one has been at it for a couple of hours with only a small hole in the shell so far.

How exciting!!!!I wish you the best of luck!!!! :clap

I have one barnyard mix hen that I am really pleased with. She is out of an egg from our neighbors, and I believe she is 1/4 Penedesenca, 1/4 polish/polish mix, and 1/2 Astralorp. She is a nice big black hen and has a little crest. I'm very pleased with her.
A cross I'm going to do this year is BLR Wyandotte X Easter Egger. I hatched off one cockerel from this cross last year, and was very pleased with him. Unfortunately a fox picked him for dinner before I got a chance to see how he grow out.

Mymilliefleur I LOVE your d'uccle x game so beautiful!
Thanks! I'm very pleased with him.

I'm sorry for your loss :hugs

I would be too such beauties!

Here are all my chickens if you notice poo butt on them im treating them for vent gleet & worms soon.

Speaking of hatching eggs, will fertile eggs that have been in the refrigerator for a week or two be able to hatch if placed under a broody hen? She's been broody for a month, so I decided to go ahead and try, since I have so many eggs in the fridge.
Probably not. You need to keep fertile eggs at about 60-65 degree F and turnn them 4-5 time a day and even then, 7-10 days is the max for a 50% hatch I have found.

Back
Top Bottom