Breeding and Raising and Hatching of Barnyard Chickens!!!!!!!!!!

Do you have any barnyard chickens?

• Yes and I love to breed them

Votes: 93 57.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 55 34.0%
  • No and I'm glad

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • No

Votes: 12 7.4%

• Total voters
That depends on chicken to chicken,breed to breed,season to season.I have four eggs in my incubator & I took about 13 days to finally collect the four I had turned them once a day as I turned them side to side & now I have four growing eggs.

There is a chance they will. I have 10 eggs in the bator that were in the fridge and i don't know how old thy are.(Got them from a friend of a friend) Day six and 9 have veins and one other is possible. So they can work but you have to let them warm up to room temp. let them sit for 24h.

Well, she's sitting on 9 refrigerated eggs. Others have told me they've had good results, so I gave it a try. Will let you know in about 19 days.

Here is the next hatchling. This one's mom is an Easter Egger, and there are several candidates for dad. The yellow makes us wonder if the Buff Opphington may be the one.

Good luck. We have thought of doing the same. One of our hens gathered wooden eggs from a couple of nests and sat for several weeks. No wooden chicks hatched!

Back
Top Bottom