Breeding and Raising and Hatching of Barnyard Chickens!!!!!!!!!!

Do you have any barnyard chickens?

• Yes and I love to breed them

Votes: 93 57.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 55 34.0%
  • No and I'm glad

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • No

Votes: 12 7.4%

• Total voters

Day 14! I'm so nervous about the next 7 days! :D

Last edited:
Looking good! Hope everything goes well!

How exciting!
fl.gif

I'm glad you ignored everybody and set your own eggs. Any update on the Phoenix?

Thanks so much, everyone! All the nice people here on BYC definitely helped me get to this point. I did get an up on the Phoenix eggs! They had been delayed do to the weather and were mailed out today! So, I should be able to put them in the incubator just as these ones are leaving. :D

Ok, so I set 42 eggs on Friday and all of them were fertile! I have one blood ring in the egg that was close to the turner motor (those suckers get hot) and one that I found at day 2 or 3 that somehow, I don't know how, had been cracked at the bottom in the turner. I put wax on it, but I think it was too late. He quit about day 3 and has a blood ring now. The other FORTY are doing great!! Awesome development. I ended up pulling them out of the turner and am turning by hand. I did some reading, not that I found a lot, on the fatal gene in Japanese Bantams as there are a couple of them in there as well. I'm hoping my two aren't in teh 1/4 that die in the shell. I can't wait to see what kind of barnyard mixes I end up with this time as I have never seen her flock. And I'm excited about the spitzhaubens too.

Nbr. 1 hatched this morning around 8:30-9AM

Nbr. 2 hatched around an hour or so ago (my mom sent me the news via txt msg - I'm stuck at work)

So far, they look more like the rooster (Silver Sebright), right down to his angry face! I had hoped they'd have crests like the hens (Golden Laced Polish). Still, there are 2 more eggs left in the incubator so who knows what will happen!

Nbr. 1 hatched this morning around 8:30-9AM

Nbr. 2 hatched around an hour or so ago (my mom sent me the news via txt msg - I'm stuck at work)

So far, they look more like the rooster (Silver Sebright), right down to his angry face! I had hoped they'd have crests like the hens (Golden Laced Polish). Still, there are 2 more eggs left in the incubator so who knows what will happen!
clap.gif
Congrats!!!

Back
Top Bottom