Breeding and Raising and Hatching of Barnyard Chickens!!!!!!!!!!

Do you have any barnyard chickens?

• Yes and I love to breed them

Votes: 93 57.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 55 34.0%
  • No and I'm glad

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • No

Votes: 12 7.4%

• Total voters
Hi,

So just wantd to stop in and post some baby pics, we hatched 16 from our flock and sadly one passed, but she was too tiny. So we have a Fiesty Fifteen as I have dubbed them, they already have learned to drink and eat by themselves so they are off and running.

How do you dub them? I know what it is just not how you do it.

Its because those breeds used to be used for cock fighting and were dubbed to prevent the other rooster from grabbing onto the comb/wattles and now it's part of exhibiton for those breeds to represent their history.
Boo!! That makes as much sense as if we branded Jews to "represent their history" in the Holocaust or a bunch of other things I could name endlessly. People are not right. Thank you for the answer, even if I think it is the most stupid reason to do something.
wink.png

Boo!! That makes as much sense as if we branded Jews to "represent their history" in the Holocaust or a bunch of other things I could name endlessly. People are not right. Thank you for the answer, even if I think it is the most stupid reason to do something.
wink.png

I know I don't like it either. I like them better with their faces intact.

On the other hand, some people do it to prevent frostbite, but I don't understand why they do that when they could just buy breeds with small combs.
idunno.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom