Breeding and Raising and Hatching of Barnyard Chickens!!!!!!!!!!

Do you have any barnyard chickens?

• Yes and I love to breed them

Votes: 93 57.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 55 34.0%
  • No and I'm glad

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • No

Votes: 12 7.4%

• Total voters
I know I don't like it either. I like them better with their faces intact.

On the other hand, some people do it to prevent frostbite, but I don't understand why they do that when they could just buy breeds with small combs. :idunno

I don't do it but people do it so they can have the breeds they want even when they live in cold weather. Small combs limit what breeds you can have.

OMG! I need to make sure and not use the term "dub" then because that is not what I meant at all. a What a horrible industry practice, well that is just one of them. Thanks for clarifying.

If your breeding for exhibition games they have to be dubbed or will be disqualified.Pinioning is only ethical when dealing with birds that can fly very well like mandarins,wood ducks,etc.Debeaking is for birds like pheasants normally because they are so aggressive they will kill each other.I don't think any of this is good but in some cases needed.

If your breeding for exhibition games they have to be dubbed or will be disqualified.Pinioning is only ethical when dealing with birds that can fly very well like mandarins,wood ducks,etc.Debeaking is for birds like pheasants normally because they are so aggressive they will kill each other.I don't think any of this is good but in some cases needed.
The whole exhibition games having that standard is just wrong. I don't get why pinioning would be done in a bird who already has problems flying or is my understanding of it being done to stop them from flying not right? Debeaking I will reserve my opinion until I know more.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom