Breeding and Raising and Hatching of Barnyard Chickens!!!!!!!!!!

Do you have any barnyard chickens?

• Yes and I love to breed them

Votes: 93 57.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 55 34.0%
  • No and I'm glad

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • No

Votes: 12 7.4%

• Total voters
Holy smokes! I can't believe how fast my 2 mixes have grown! They're just over 2 months old & are monsters! They are almost as tall as their father & they both feel heavier than all the adults. They also have thicker legs then their parents. Memnoch is noticeably larger than Mercury now & im hoping to move them outside in a grow out pen full time next weekend (just finished painting the inside of the main coop this weekend). I'm so glad I decided to hatch my flock's barnyard mix eggs. These 2 have been a delight to watch develop.

Memnoch's waddle is growing in & his face is so chubby right now. It's adorable.

Holy smokes! I can't believe how fast my 2 mixes have grown! They're just over 2 months old & are monsters! They are almost as tall as their father & they both feel heavier than all the adults. They also have thicker legs then their parents. Memnoch is noticeably larger than Mercury now & im hoping to move them outside in a grow out pen full time next weekend (just finished painting the inside of the main coop this weekend). I'm so glad I decided to hatch my flock's barnyard mix eggs. These 2 have been a delight to watch develop.

Memnoch's waddle is growing in & his face is so chubby right now. It's adorable.

Wow, look at that comb!!! lol They are beautiful, no question.

Wow, look at that comb!!! lol They are beautiful, no question.
That comb surprised me, too! I wasn't expecting it to get that big; I was hoping it would be the small rose comb that his sire has. But I think it suits him pretty well! :D I wasn't sure what I was expecting when I decided to hatch them, but I think they turned out very pretty.

I have a hen under my deck sitting on a nest. I think there are 13 eggs but cant see to well. I was able to get my arm far enough in to grab one egg to candle. It is all dark and i can only see some veins next to the air cells. From the candling and when i found them i am guessing they are close to 17 days. Hope to have some more babies soon! All will be mixes. Cant wait!
fl.gif

Oh my they are adorable! What are they? I am going to guess polish/wyandotte? They are just wonderful!

From left to right:
Miwok,Karuk,Shoshone & Patwin all pullets except Shoshone! :p

They have to be bantams because their all only about the size of my fist! And there 3 months old now!!! Haha the white walls look so dirty XP white paint made the coop brighter but chicken poo is very visible...

Last edited:
From left to right:
Miwok,Karuk,Shoshone & Patwin all pullets except Shoshone!
tongue.png

They have to be bantams because their all only about the size of my fist! And there 3 months old now!!! Haha the white walls look so dirty XP white paint made the coop brighter but chicken poo is very visible...
Awe. They are adorable!

Back
Top Bottom