Breeding and Raising and Hatching of Barnyard Chickens!!!!!!!!!!

Do you have any barnyard chickens?

• Yes and I love to breed them

Votes: 93 57.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 55 34.0%
  • No and I'm glad

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • No

Votes: 12 7.4%

• Total voters
I have a chicken that is sitting on eggs, and one week I checked the eggs, and they seemed to multiply from 4 to 8??? Today I caught my Rhode Island kicking the hen off of her nest and laying her eyes in the other hens clutch, and help would be appreciated

@AmyLynn2374

I just purchased showgirl and silkie eggs off of eBay! I really hope they are good.
fl.gif
I will keep you updated on my progress.

I got them here and the person has a lot of good reviews and only one bad one. But the negative review is for the eggs. Also they are from California so it is far from Wisconsin.

@AmyLynn2374

I just purchased showgirl and silkie eggs off of eBay! I really hope they are good.
fl.gif

I got them here and the person has a lot of good reviews and only one bad one. But the negative review is for the eggs. Also they are from California so it is far from Wisconsin.
Oh, that's awesome. I can't wait to see how you make out with them!

@AmyLynn2374

fl.gif

I usually like the whites better, but those two pics of teh blacks are adorable....lol

I have a chicken that is sitting on eggs, and one week I checked the eggs, and they seemed to multiply from 4 to 8??? Today I caught my Rhode Island kicking the hen off of her nest and laying her eyes in the other hens clutch, and help would be appreciated
Can you candle them, and figure out who the late entries are? Mark all of the original ones. Can you then block access to that area, or move your broody to a private broody suite so she won't have further issues with squatters? You can leave the other 4, or remove them now. Some hens will stay on the nest to wait for the late entries, while others will leave the nest to take care of the first hatches. If you want to maximize your hatch, you could get an incubator, and remove the earlies before they hatch, giving the late entries time to hatch under broody, then, with luck... she may take back the bator chicks.

I usually like the whites better, but those two pics of teh blacks are adorable....lol
They are scheduled to arrive on the 15th. I did not research the seller before buying because i did not know i was getting them. My mom knows how badly i wanted them and bought them for me. I like all the colors but the white are beautiful! I have one turken hen in my flock and she is a sweetie.

Back
Top Bottom