breeding coop ideas

Raven81

Songster
9 Years
Nov 3, 2010
Te Anau NZ
im looking for some ideas for a breeding coop to keep 2 seperate lines housed in one. but could also have a divider that can be removed with external nestboxes ( preferred ) & big enough to have a removable brooder set up inside it. i will hopefully be housing a trio of dorkings & cochins.

I'm interested - Subscribing.
smile.png

i have found one on the coop page that is similar to what im after, it is StrawberryHouseMouse's this is their page with pics https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=25815-hen-duplex this is the closest i have found so far, i would prob try to put a removable mesh panel in the middle so they can see each other but be separated so i know which eggs are which. i would also maybe make it a bit bigger.

why don't you try small chicken tractors ? Depending how many breeds you want. I've built s small chicken coop and now converting that into a portable coop with closed run for breeding or broody hens and such. Good luck

I do some of breeding with tractors seems to work fine really depends on how many birds your breeding and how many breeds. Tractors are probably the cheapest. As far as having a wire or screen divider I would not recommend that because I have had roosters with big attitudes spend more time trying to fight through the wire then anything else including breeding.

Back
Top Bottom