Breeding pen ideas

Lady Chickadee

Rocky Top Silkies
8 Years
Apr 1, 2011
Central Kentucky
I'm wanting to build 2-4 breeding pens but I need some ideas.I've looked around and have gotten some ideas but I want to build something that's cheap and that won't take a very long time to build. I want them to be able to hold 4-6 bantams.I would like if the chickens could go outside or something. I saw a article in a poultry magazine for sun porches for chickens and they had a inside part but then had a place where they could go outside but were off the ground and had wire floor but the inside didn't have wire floor. Have you heard of these before or do you think it would be a good idea for a breeding pen? I haven't been able to find any information on the sun porches(besides in the magazine) so I was wondering if someone has used something like that before?

Thanks!

Cheap is the issue. I made these pen panels for fairly cheap and the playcoop was also cheap. Its hard to do it cheap and quickly and turn out with something that is nice.

2011-12-20_11-16-54_20.jpg

David,
What kind of wire do you use for the pvc run??? and what size etc for pvc. Maybe a materials list???? and price of total run, please!
Thank you in advance
Ayda

Thanks for the ideas. I think I've decided on what I'm going to do for the d'Uccle breeding pen. I'm still thinking about what to do for the silkie pen though.

Back
Top Bottom