Breeding question

JimmyG1971

In the Brooder
Dec 6, 2018
i posted this in the turkey section but got no replies, so i will try here.
i have had turkeys, chickens and ducks for years. Turkeys for meat and chickens and ducks for eggs. This spring i ordered heritage breed turkeys (Blue Slate) and slaughtered all but 1 tom and 3 hens. I would like them to naturally breed and raise their young. I would like to harvest all eggs for eating, but would like about 10 babies to hatch. Then have those babies become meat birds for the fall. The literature on this is lacking. Anyone done this? How did you go about doing it?

i posted this in the turkey section but got no replies, so i will try here.
i have had turkeys, chickens and ducks for years. Turkeys for meat and chickens and ducks for eggs. This spring i ordered heritage breed turkeys (Blue Slate) and slaughtered all but 1 tom and 3 hens. I would like them to naturally breed and raise their young. I would like to harvest all eggs for eating, but would like about 10 babies to hatch. Then have those babies become meat birds for the fall. The literature on this is lacking. Anyone done this? How did you go about doing it?
You may not have gotten the replies that you wanted but you definitely got replies and you never responded to any of the replies that you got. If you wanted clarification, you needed to respond to the posts that were made.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/breeding-turkeys-for-the-first-time.1283400/#post-20723883

You may not have gotten the replies that you wanted but you definitely got replies and you never responded to any of the replies that you got. If you wanted clarification, you needed to respond to the posts that were made.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/breeding-turkeys-for-the-first-time.1283400/#post-20723883

to my knowledge i only received 1 reply and it did not even come close to addressing what i was asking. so on that one a reply was not meritied. as i would of had to awkwardly let them know their response was irrelevant. have i received more? if so how do i find them?

to my knowledge i only received 1 reply and it did not even come close to addressing what i was asking. so on that one a reply was not meritied. as i would of had to awkwardly let them know their response was irrelevant. have i received more? if so how do i find them?

Just click the link R2elk posted above. It’ll take you right to your post.

Just click the link R2elk posted above. It’ll take you right to your post.
thanks for clarifying that. as there is good info waiting for me there. how will i know when i got a comment? i recall i got an email for the first comment. but none for the rest

Back
Top Bottom