Bright green poop

outofthereality

Chirping
May 9, 2020
I notice my 2 month old Turkey pooping yellow which I decide to to use safeguard fenbendazole to deworm her along with a second treatment. I notice today after finishing those she’s pooping green and is eating a lot. Is this a good sign or should I still worry?? Rn she’s have vitamins in her water and vermX solution to boost her immune sustem

Attachments

• IMG_4672.jpeg
    IMG_4672.jpeg
    515.2 KB · Views: 131
I notice my 2 month old Turkey pooping yellow which I decide to to use safeguard fenbendazole to deworm her along with a second treatment. I notice today after finishing those she’s pooping green and is eating a lot. Is this a good sign or should I still worry?? Rn she’s have vitamins in her water and vermX solution to boost her immune sustem
Here are some causes of the green poop:
  1. When a chicken is not eating and drinking well or has no access to feed, it may start to pass out green feces. This is because the bile secreted to digest feed has no feed to work on and it is passed out together with the feces.
  2. When chickens feed on green vegetables, leaves or seeds, they are bound to excrete green poo. So if your birds are on free range and you discovered they are passing out green poo, it might be due to the greens they consumed some hours ago.
  3. There are some diseases that cause chickens to excrete green poop or diarrhea. If you are engaged in raising chickens or turkeys and are currently facing this problem, here are some common diseases that cause green chicken or turkey poop.
It's most likely that the poop is being caused by eating greens like grass and vegetables, if your turkey has access to it. 💚

Back
Top Bottom