Bright green poop!

This is our first year doing chickens, and shes the first one we lost. I guess i should have realized there was something wrong, she was always smaller, and seemed to be picked on the most. :/

I have read a few threads about green poops and they never end well. We have a sick molting hen a few weeks back, we wormed her and the next day the end we found mites, that we only noticed because we saw the crawling on the paper towels we used to line the shower that was her temporary home. We dusted her and she seem to recover a bit.Two days later, out even though it was 18 degrees and she was half bald because she was jumping all over and mostly because she was being so loud I put her back out.

She has been fine her feathers have come in but she is still a bit thin. Today when I was cleaning the coop I found a couple of wet poops in the sand on the floor, some of then have a grass green streaks. I checked and ford a few more in the yard. the are not under the area when the previously sick chicken usually roosts but they could have changed spots.

I clean it every few days and there has more wet poop in the whole coop that normal of about a week.

They are all eating and drinking normally. They get layer and a scratch mix that includes hulled raw sunflower seeds and oyster shell calcium.

After I powdered the three hens I can catch with Siven dust I dumped a cup in the spot where they all dust thinking it would be enough to get rid of the mites.

I will take go out and note which hens are above the green poop mess and then take them off the roost and check their croups and vents tonight and post if I find something more.

Back
Top Bottom