Brinsea Octagon 20 Advance for parrot eggs?

adrian

Songster
10 Years
May 12, 2009
Regina, SK
I'm looking into buying a Brinsea incubator. I do incubate poultry -- most often, waterfowl -- but I also breed parrots and want to have an incubator that can hatch parrot eggs. I'm not sure about whether, because it has auto turning, parrot eggs can fit in it. I think I will be buying the EX package with the humidity pump, particularly because it's a good deal right now and I know I'd upgrade eventually because of the kinds of eggs I hatch (and the fact that humidity has always been the biggest problem I've had), but if parrot eggs cannot be hatched in this unit I don't know what I will do... I'll probably have to hatch them in my old Hovabator Genesis and because of my problems with humidity I am concerned about doing that. Does anybody know whether parrot eggs will fit safely in this model of Brinsea incubator?

Thanks!

Yup. YOU set the egg divider rails up to the width you wish. And with the EX unit, the humidity pump, it comes with foam insert padding for the rails, which is nice. You can even use the foam dividers without the rails, if you so choose to do so.

Sounds great! I'll definitely be getting it. I want the foam inserts and the humidity pump and I've realized that if I buy those separately when there is not a sale, as there likely won't be when I got around to it later, it would be over $200... So getting it all together right now is definitely, definitely worth it.

I ordered the Octagon 20 Advance EX and I also got my first parrot egg of the year today!
woot.gif

Sorry, just had to celebrate.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom