Brinsea Octagon 20 Eco. Good, bad, ugly?

Thank you for your response! The idea of not being able to adjust temperature concerns me as well.

Is Chewy a reputable site to buy from? The prices there are way cheaper than on the sites I've been searching.
Chewy is a very reputable site, but I had a pop up on my phone that shows the incubator is less expensive through Amazon.

Edited : it's only about one US dollar less

Chewy is a very reputable site, but I had a pop up on my phone that shows the incubator is less expensive through Amazon.

Edited : it's only about one US dollar less
They only ship to the states, and borders aren't open yet 😭 The Brinsea Ovation 28 is in my price range on that site, even with the exchange rate! Nearly half price the Canadian sites are asking.

Perhaps I should wait out the covid restrictions and just order from their... 250-300$ savings, for an incubator I know and trust, might be worth it...

You can get an auto turner for the brinsea octagon. I've looked at them online.
Brinsea also has a scratch and dent section on their website that you might check out.
I love my little Brinsea Mini. It only holds 7 eggs but the hatch rate is wonderful and I can set it and not worry because it is so dependable. And, it keeps me from over populating my yard. 😁 I don't sell any of my chicks though, so you may need a much larger incubator.

Oh no! That really stinks. Another incubator that a lot of people have is the Incuview. I have one of those but I'm still working on getting the temps stabilized. The temps can be changed and the room temp is another setting. It's certainly worth looking into, if you're able to have it shipped

So just to clarify a few things I read in this thread, the turning is manual unless you get the optional automatic turning cradle (which is $89.99 on our website). You can read the temperature with the glass thermometer inside the incubator, and the temp can be adjusted with a screw. The humidity is not automatically controlled nor is there a digital display showing the humidity. You will have to manually add water to the incubator and add a hygrometer for an accurate reading. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Back
Top Bottom