Brinsea Ovation 56 EX humidity

The pads definitely make the humidity stay much more consistent. I also run the 56ex. Use em and buy humidifier pads off amazon to cut and replace when needed same material. I've ne never had humidity problems except when I thought I didn't need the pad after they were used and dirty. Sponge is ok but not porous enough as the air flows through the pad increasing evap off the pad. Wish you luck with your hatch!

The pads definitely make the humidity stay much more consistent. I also run the 56ex. Use em and buy humidifier pads off amazon to cut and replace when needed same material. I've ne never had humidity problems except when I thought I didn't need the pad after they were used and dirty. Sponge is ok but not porous enough as the air flows through the pad increasing evap off the pad. Wish you luck with your hatch!
Oh, household humidifier pads, I never would have thought of that! Is there a specific kind off Amazon you recommend?

Oh, household humidifier pads, I never would have thought of that! Is there a specific kind off Amazon you recommend?
I just picked a 3 pack that had about the right size for thickness and rolled the dice lol. They are a couple inches short so I just cut 2 strips and trim one down to length. Works perfectly.

Apparently, they weren't able to receive my photo due to the filesize. However, they've seen it now and confirmed that I should be receiving accurate readings from my backup in its location (since I have it in an egg tray with the eggs).

Just to be double-darn-sure, I did another icewater calibration and the backup is spot-on at 32F. I SHOULD be receiving accurate info from it.

I'll be giving them a call tomorrow so they can walk me through recalibrating the Brinsea using my backup as the control.

No problem! I'll post here and let you guys know how they look/compare to the Brinsea stuff. But it looks like I should be able to trim them to the size I need and get a lot more bang for my buck that way.

I will say that it's a bit frustrating that the only way to get the humidity up for lockdown is to spend more money on disposable items to go into the reservoir, but since there appear to be more affordable alternatives, I think I'll live, as long as I see better results from this machine than the $75 cheap POS I just ditched.

Interestingly enough, a good friend of mine just completed her hatch -- same breed, same breeder -- with her NR360 and actually ended up with a lower hatch rate than my POS gave me.

I'm actually getting more eggs from the same breeder again for my next hatch, so we'll see how the Brinsea's performance compares against the POS and the friend's NR360.

Back
Top Bottom