broiler booster,

chicken nanny

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 18, 2009
:)Need little info here, i used Broiler Booster for my first meat birds, Do most of pple use it? Do u think it really helps, as i am new to this meat thing...Thank you all

Quote:
I use it, mixed into the food. I don't think MOST people use it, and I don't know if it necessarily does anything, but it's full of vitamins, and of my last batch of 78 birds, I only had two die.

thanks JAKU thiink i will order more i didnt loose any of course i only had 25... weather was warmer then and we took out side every day, they loved it too...toooooo cold now.....

we just use the powdered Gatorade mix most of the time... and there are alot of different brands of stuff you can use... ive never heard that one was much better than the other... but i would definitely use something...

I used it for the first couple of batches and then this last batch it didn't come in with the order but they are thriving and doing great.
Have not lost one bird so far and its the first time that has happened, so I really don't know if it makes any difference at all.
It doesn't hurt to get it though and I would have used it had it come.

In my experience using Broiler Booster or Welp's Broiler Pak helps prevent problems. It may be coincidence but almost every time I have had trouble with bad legs or sudden deaths it had been when I had run out of the vitamins and the chickens weren't getting them.

can someone explain (in layterms... LOL) why the gatorade?

I am fixing to raise 50 broilers for 4-H and would like to up my chances of keeping as many birds as possible.

Also, how do you use it? in the water? in the feed? how much? if in the water per gallon, if in the feed per pound?

I think the broiler booster or broiler pak wouldnt be avalible here where I live, so the gatorade would be most accessable.

Thanks!

Quote:
I get the broiler booster from their website, although I'm sure feed stores would have something similar. I THINK the Gatoraide is for electrolytes, but dosing it is probably a crapshoot, as it isn't intended for chickens.

Back
Top Bottom