broiler chickens project

atvlove24

Hatching
12 Years
Apr 13, 2007
hey im doing a project to take my chickens to the county fair in 8 weeks. i got 15 baby broiler chickens but one died...it shut it eyes and would act like its sleeping and didnt move much i dont know why it died can anyone help answer that? and the lady at the feed store said something about how their poop looks and if you should give them an asprin. i dont know much about the chickens as you can tell i need some information to keep them healthy! i do have electrolite stuff in their water. and i have pine shaving for bedding is that good or bad when they are young? thanks!

some chicks just hatch weak an die.how do your other chicks act an look.are they moving around good.eating an drinking good.i really just think the chick was sick.

atvlove.....be carefull in the electrolytes. You can overdose them if not properly mixed. Like wynedot said....some make it..some dont...no real reason. Good luck on your 4 H project. My grandson is going to do the same. Cornish X. We bought ours too early tho....so this bunch will be for the freezer....next ones will be for the 4 H fair. Live and learn!! I have never personally heard of giving them an aspirin....and the pine shaveings are great bedding. Just remember, as they grow...the get big FAST, and will need a deep litter...maybe 6 inches or so, to geep them from wearing the feathers off of thier bellies. They get so heave, so fast, all they want to do is lay...and rubs feathers off.

ok thanks! ya all my other chicks are fine they just eat sleep and some sleep in the water?? i dont like it but is that ok? really my FFA teacher said something about giving them asprin if their poop doesn't look right ya the eletrolites im going with just a tiny bit i don't want to overdose them!

Back
Top Bottom