brooder/grow out battery box

amenfarm

Songster
10 Years
May 10, 2011
Chattanooga, TN
I have a three level brooder on wheels and can't find the owners manual, I saw the one I have on this site, poultryman supply, but they are not answering the phone and I don't know who the manufacture is- yes, we looked everywhere on the unit.
any
brood&grow.jpg
this is what it looks like. Except there are no labels on the food hoppers or anywhere else the, only bolts for that company. Had to take this sucker apart to fit it into the laundry room door. Thank heavens for talented Hubbies!

Last edited:
also I have to order bulbs for it, I know what the red bulbs are for, why would you use blue colored ones?

Last edited:
I see this post is from April but I just ordered the same brooder. I'm guessing you found the answer to your question already. I was curious how you liked it and if it worked well.

We never found an owner's manual, still didn't get an answer on the blue bulbs-found a great price for 6 bulbs from Fleming.
We love almost everything about the brooder. The chicks don't use the outside hopper right away. We used chick feeders/waterers with glass mason jars, they knock over the plastic ones, and put funnels on the top secured with packing tape on- they roost on top and poop into them, eck!
Just give them to 2 weeks or later and put the food in the hopper, they'll find it and start then. Mine were about 5 weeks?
My husband is going to add a bucket fed waterer with cups when we use it next. The top level opens from the top and side, the next two levels open from the side only-so you can not fit a quart waterer inside without spilling the water everywhere, only a pint size. In the summer it was very hard to keep up with filling the wateres while at work- I had to clean and fill 3 times at least per day. But, I also had 19 chicks. Unless this is on litter, put a large tarp or plastic tablecloth underneath it and out at least 6 or 10 inches all around, if it's close to a wall, up the wall you'll thank me later.

We also found that a rubbermaid container big enough to fit the grid panels was the best way to soak off messes. I spayed off the grids first, then soaked in a soluntion of NON- antibacterial dawn-blue orginial, then used a sprayer set to hard stream to remove the lingering poo. The stainless trays clean very quickly. The one thing I would do different is remove the heater when they were finished-they kept perching on it, made it quite a mess to clean.
I put parakeet grit into their food,( tried a saucer, bad idea), when they started on herbs, grasses and other tidbits.
We took all the trays, grids and hopper off, cleaned them and the whole three levels, santized, reassembled to store for next time. The poo gets in the most unlikly places.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom