Brooder help!!

Do u think I can do something like this so its back away from the plastic a bit

Rig up a hardware cloth lid for the tote, so the chicks can't fly out. It will also provide much needed ventilation. Then suspend your lamp off to one side, rather than smack in the center. Be sure that lamp is secured, secured, secured! Don't hang it by the clamp it comes with....you need it much more stable than that.

I think that you want what I have!!
263a.png
We use all sizes of plastic totes. I cut a square in the tote lid, then cut the hardware cloth just a little bigger. After they are both cut- I put the lid upside down and put the hardware cloth where I want it. Then I apply silicone and place something heavy in the center being careful that it doesn't touch the silicone. Instead of using a heat lamp bulb, I just use a standard light bulb. (You can use a red light bulb, too if you're worried about pecking) I make sure to place the water and food on the opposite end of the bulb. I also prefer the clear totes. I like them being able to see out and for us to see them.

O i wasn't expecting to have any chicks just yet on that day but it was hatched by 2oclock so I didn't have time to do anything with it so I just rigged something simple with it thanks that's a very good idea I also like the food and water on the other side so they can stay cool and be over there instead of already being hot and then have to go back on the other side to get a drink or something I just have a 30 gallon blue tub

O i wasn't expecting to have any chicks just yet on that day but it was hatched by 2oclock so I didn't have time to do anything with it so I just rigged something simple with it thanks that's a very good idea I also like the food and water on the other side so they can stay cool and be over there instead of already being hot and then have to go back on the other side to get a drink or something I just have a 30 gallon blue tub

Congrats on the new ones!! That's great!! Hope they're loving their home!!

Back
Top Bottom