brooder pen

bantamboy93

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 22, 2011
Hi everybody. I'm looking for some pics again. I have an ok adult chicken pen. and nice places to brood in the spring time. But I don't have a good in-between pen. Once my chicks outgrow my brooder, they go into a side pen that was partitioned off for the growing birds. And once they get to a certain age, that's all find and good.. But before that, they go through the wire. So i'm looking for some pens that you have built to accomodate your growing chicks. Out of the brooder, but not in the big pen yet. Something smallish would be ideal.. I'm not talking about a 25' square pen.. something that is close to the ground and will be easy to put feed and water in.

I went to the feed store and bought a small rabbit hutch with attached "yard", it's perfect. Large enough to accomodate mama and babies, easy to clean, and depending on the size of your "big" run, you could probably fit it inside your existing run. The attachment is what I have. I'm not the least bit handy, but if you are I'm sure you could build one like this.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=17126

Back
Top Bottom