BROODER thread! Post pics of your brooders!

Pics
Here's mine:

DSC08460.jpg

From left to right: 'week-olds', 'day-olds', '2-week-olds'

Lol, last winter, I had 6 of those totes lined up in the spare room (aka 'the bird room').

Lisa

You can remove paper towels after the firt day or two, as long as they know what their feed is, they will continue to eat it. You may see them picking around in the shavings and eating a little here and there, but don't worry about it.

Here's a tip on the photos. There is a preview and a submit button, you can hit preview to see what your message is going to look like before you hit submit. If the picture doesn't show up you can keep editing your message and hitting preview until you get it right. Then you hit submit.

If you submit one and it doesn't look right, you can still fix that mesage by choosing the edit button on the lower right corner of your message.

I only get a few chicks at a time so I use a rabbit/guinea pig cage as a brooder. Seems to work real well. Deep enough that they don't get wood shavings everywhere and when I put them outside for fun in the sun all I have to do is take the top off.

Picture038.jpg

Picture055.jpg

DSC05431.jpg

Back
Top Bottom