Brooder water ideas? Keeps spilling

Mine is on a larger scale, but I surround it with bricks. I have also used a bungee to hold it in place when I use a rabbit cage for a brooder.
F63A9DF4-37CF-4679-8C43-2E62541C518E.jpeg

Oo i have had that problem, trial and error help me figure out what was best for me,
I put my little ones water and food (they are still inside) on a piece of wood then I wrap that with a pee pad to soak up the water (they also are housed with my new ducklings) the water I have has a bigger base than the smaller ones you usually see so tipping really isn't an issue there but it keeps gunk out.

The outside ones I had their food on a wide brick, that works for keeping gunk out and it from spilling, I have recently purchased a raised waterer, it has 3 legs and is about 6 inches high.

good luck

My chicks used the adult dineachook drinker from the start ( well from when I put a step there for them to reach .

Attachments

• IMG_2584.JPG
    IMG_2584.JPG
    573.1 KB · Views: 14
ive been using the regular waterer you buy from the feed store. You put water in it and it and turn it upside down to have the water slowly feed into it. It’s been great but now my 3 week old chicks want to knock it over and get their brooder wet. Anyone have some unique ideas for water containers in the brooder?
I have a similar waterer and feeder. My chicks are 3 weeks old and were knocking them both over routinely. I got some Velcro tape and velcroed both to bricks. So far, problem solved.

The tiny one quart waterer is just to small and light weight. I use the one gallon, or five quart plastic waterer, raised on bricks or a board, for my chicks, and raise it higher as they grow. They then move to a two or three gallon waterer. Nobody knocks these over!
Mary

I have a similar basic waterer, but with a glass mason jar instead of the plastic one. They haven't tipped it over, but I must have cross-threaded it one day because I came home and all of the water had drained out and soaked the paper towels.

I put it in an aluminum pie plate, and haven't had an issue since.

Back
Top Bottom