Brooding

turkeylady3

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 11, 2014
My one female turkey driving me crazy. She does nothing 24/7 but lay down I open pen for her and other female to graze all day in yard I force her up I turn my back shes down again. This will continue as long as I hold out. Is there anyway to stop this been going on for over a couple months now HELP PLEASE DON T KNOW WHAT TO DO. IF I LEAVE HER IN PEN LAYING will she eventually get up or just die from not eating and drinking. There's never eggs

Is she at all agressive like shes broody or is she just sickly? This sounds sickly and i would attempt a quarenteen but if you think broody, then i would give her a nest, and reaching distance feed and water so she dont sit on nuthin an die, cuz my understanding is that they Will starve themselves. She may start laying once her condition has improved? Maybe she isnt currently laying because she wants a Nesting/brooding setup?

She's not sickly. She's aggressive when I try to get her up just like when she would lay eggs but she stopped laying. She appears perfectly normal except will lay continuously I get Her up she moved 10 and lays down again. She will do that until I get tired and quit. The only other time she did this was a year ago she was sitting in 9 eggs she and the other female laid. I had to get her up after 6 weeks and tske eggs away. At that time she quit brooding.

Back
Top Bottom