Broody coturnix on infertile eggs, should I switch them out?

Sorry I haven't been posting lately - this afternoon is day 17 and today she has started to make some low sounds and hardly gets off of them whereas two days ago it seemed she was getting up often but then again it was a warm day and today has been a chillier one... Ahhh haha I don't even know if the eggs were fertile, my male does mate but he's also a derp and falls off a lot xD

I have been having dreams of them hatching for the past three nights! I think it's because of their situation of being brooded outside and not being secure and safe in an incubator. The suspense!!!

They HATCHED!!! And she's making the same noises I heard her softly make yesterday but much more and louder like she's almost purring for her chicks in a bossy way?!

I can see three chicks dry and running about and momma is still on the nest so I wonder if more are hatching/drying under her.

I took some video of her loud sharp whistle flap thing she does when taking a break from brooding and just took video of the sound she's making and some chicks running around her!! I'll try and trim and upload the videos today :D!

Back
Top Bottom