Broody Hen first time

I don't have a egg warmer so will I have to watch other hens lay and put the warm egg in clucky hens nest ( she won't take cold eggs will she)
She won't care about the egg temperature.
Gather the eggs, then put them under her at the same time.
How old are your hens and how long have they been laying?

She won't care about the egg temperature.
Gather the eggs, then put them under her at the same time.
How old are your hens and how long have they been laying?
I'm not sure of her age they were given to me about a month or so ago. She looks the same age build as the black one who.apparently was notorious for going clunky but hasn't yet. After they settled in I was getting a egg from her and a egg from the black hen every day. Then she started all this crazy behaviour and I haven't had a egg since ( a couple weeks) I'm not sure if I've mentioned it she looks Isa Brown and lays Brown eggs where the black hen is black with gold spots and lays white eggs thats how I know who is laying what eggs. Also I'm in Australia and we have just come into spring.

She came out for food and water this morning then went back and sat in empty box. I moved her to her own pen with two old marked eggs and have enclosed her in the box section. I will leave her enclosed in the box section until later this afternoon and then open her to the cage area where she can come and go. My plan now is to put new eggs under her as the other hen lays and see what happens . We will see if this is just a quirky habit or if she is serious! Moving her caused a stir up of Roota the rooster but he has settled now so hopefully she will too.

Back
Top Bottom