Broody Hen just after i lost the roo ..

Zylphrix

In the Brooder
12 Years
Nov 24, 2007
Hillsborough NC
wee.gif
WooHoo ... Shes Broody and separated on 11 eggs. I hope this works .. Its a bit of a Long story
caf.gif
so let me start from the beggining.

First there was an egg .. i mean a chicken, uh .. an egg .. i mean .. lets not start quite that far back. ..... about a week and a day ago I got rid of the 1 Araucuna Rooster and 2 araucuna Hens that I was raising for my friend .. i knew this was coming and had aquired a hen at the NC BYC meet-up a couple weeks ago from a BYC member and then last saturday (2 days after the roo and hens left) i went to the Salisbury poultry show and found 2 hens there .. when I got back from the poultry show with my hens .. one of my flock had gone broody and I let her collect eggs for 4 (maybe 5) days and moved her to a private dwelling last night. ..

are 11 eggs too many? .. she coveres them fine .. I have 5 blue eggs and 6 brown .... I heard rooster sperm
barnie.gif
is viable for a coupl weeks .. and im not even sure all these chickens were getting the business end of my former rooster. .. Im game for advice or opinions .. thanks
old.gif

Mark / Zylphrix

Back
Top Bottom