Broody hen question

Abesinger

In the Brooder
May 31, 2015
cleveland OHIO
A question a friend gave me and I don't know the answer... Help please from the wise byc people!:)

If you break a broody hen, will it ever go broody again?

I told my friend my guess is on the breed for example Cochins and Silkies will most likely go again but i don't know...

If you do know the answer please inform me and my friend:)

Oh yeah, what CTKen said X2.

I had a Buff Orpington hen, 9 months old, go broody the week before Christmas, last year. I broke her. She went broody again, 8 weeks later and on Feb 29th, hatched out 8 little fuzzy butts for me.

I think you can count on her going broody again at some point. Ultimately, you just cannot control those hormones.

I had a Buff Orpington hen, 9 months old, go broody the week before Christmas, last year. I broke her. She went broody again, 8 weeks later and on Feb 29th, hatched out 8 little fuzzy butts for me.

I think you can count on her going broody again at some point. Ultimately, you just cannot control those hormones.

Thanks!

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom