Broody Hen Thread!

My Silkie was broody last week until we moved her and then she abandoned her eggs. She still hasn't started laying again. How long until she starts laying again? What are the odds that she will go broody again soon?

My silkie hen is almost done raising her buitiful silkie and rode island white chick they are 8 weeks old. some people say that you should separate the mother and chicks when there a sertaine age or when the mother starts regeting them the mother never commpletly regets chicks only lets them be more on there own she still protects them if they get into seriouse trouble.
out free ranging the mother silkies tale on the rigth and the rode island white at the middle and the silkie at the left they were 7 weeks old there they are 8 weeks old now 9 on sunday

Last edited:
well has only been 2 days so we will see. other hens are laying next to her cause they cant use the box . never had any hatch before usually get them quick oh ;/ we will soon see keep u posted!

How long do I have to sneak fertile eggs under my broody hen? She has been broody for about 3 weeks. I'm afraid if I get eggs to sneak under her she will stop being broody before they hatch. I mean, she can't possibly know the difference between fertile and non fertile eggs so what if she is no longer broody a week into the process?

Back
Top Bottom