Broody Hen Thread!

When do you think I should take the chicks from her. It's only been a day and she is doing a great job keeping them tucked in and warm but I was thinking of putting them in a brooder with a heat light but Mother Nature has done a great job so far

There is no way I would take chicks from a broody hen. She worked hard to get those babies and deserves to raise them. She would be absolutely devastated if you took them away. No one and nothing is as good at raising chicks as a momma hen!

Last edited:
When do you think I should take the chicks from her. It's only been a day and she is doing a great job keeping them tucked in and warm but I was thinking of putting them in a brooder with a heat light but Mother Nature has done a great job so far

Why take them? That poor hen worked so hard to get them. Let her raise them. They do so much better raised by a hen than they do under a lamp. I just look at it like this. If u went through 9 months of pregnancy and someone took they baby once it was born you would be really sad. Just an opinion though
263a.png

Please help
The 21st day of my chicken sitting on eggs
Coupe with the others and I don't know if I should move her or not please help

I have her is a large dog crate with a pan and she seems to like it. Keeps her and the chicks safe. I just ain't sure how to go about letting her out to potty and what not. Should I just let her go in the crate with the bedding or take her out away from the chicks a time or two a day?

I have her is a large dog crate with a pan and she seems to like it. Keeps her and the chicks safe. I just ain't sure how to go about letting her out to potty and what not. Should I just let her go in the crate with the bedding or take her out away from the chicks a time or two a day?

Can you put them with the other hens?

Back
Top Bottom