broody hen with only 1 egg? *~*UPDATE*~*

hopefully thats all. I was really excited about what should be coming out of these eggs. Hopefully it all works out. I will TRY to be patient!
big_smile.png

no we are up to 9 eggs under her, I am going to mark the eggs tomorrow and take away anything new. she is a tiny little silkie and I just hope that she is not overloaded! The good thing is that she is getting up and eating and drinking several times a day. What a good girl she is!

I have almost the same thing going on here. Except my hen isn't broody just yet. She does steel eggs from the other nests and when she lays eggs herself that she doesn't consider "good", she kicks them out. She's got quite a system out there. She hasn't started sitting yet so I got six fertile eggs from our neighbor to add to her nest and marked them. She moved one of those out and has kept the rest.
I hope she'll start sitting on them soon.
Good luck with being paitent waiting on your hatch. I can't imagine how many times i'd be checking on my broody girl each day!!
tongue.png

She doesn't ALLOW me to check too often. I just sprinkle out some scratch and look from a distance. She is MEAN!!! This is her first time and she is VERY protective. She won't even let her rooster in the doghouse, which is what they used to share together. Oh well, she is doing her job and doing it well. Now 1 of my cochings has decided to go broody. Its going to be busy around here!!!

well...as of today she is up to 11 eggs, so here is a picture of my pretty girl with her 11 eggs. She is being such a good mom, I hope that SOMETHING hatches for her!!! I hope that you enjoy her photo.
newchicks004.jpg

she is inside the chicken yard with a dog excercise pen around her and her rooster. She always lays her eggs in the doghouse thats in there, so that is where she is. Just her and her rooster. I think that she is a pretty girl as well.

Yeah, give them more time. I slept in for three weeks, and needed a crowbar to get out. At least that's the way my mother tells it.

Mark

we have approximately 10 days left for the first 3 eggs, and then who knows for the others, they just keep popping up!!! I am VERY EXCITED. It will be interesting to see how many hatch. I will definately post pictures as soon as I can once they hatch.

Back
Top Bottom