Broody hen

Marriah178

In the Brooder
May 6, 2020
I'm new to chickens. I have 2, 8month chickens, we're the 2nd owners. After the move 1 became broody. Ive done everything... baths, keeping her out of the nesting box and tonight tried a baby chick transfer, she didn't accept it. Im beyond frustrated. Now i have this fiesty girl and a baby chick I didn't really want, lol. Any advise?

No she isn't laying. I snuck it under her in the dark, followed all the instructions listed online.... Yep, looks like we'll have a baby. I'll prob get another so she'll have a friend. I have a small coop and light, water and food feeder. Thank you for your response. How long until my broody girl snaps out of it? Is it possible she will always be broody?

Hello, Marriah, and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
You have to crate her with no bedding for a solid three days and nights. Food and water in the crate, elevate it off the floor for good air flow and keep her in a high traffic zone to try to help her snap out of it.
If she hadn't been consistently, uninterrruptedly sitting on the nest for at least 2 weeks, trying to graft a day or two old chick to her is unlikely to work.

Back
Top Bottom