Broody Muscovys

Sekwef

Hatching
6 Years
Aug 3, 2013
Hi, I am new to the duck world and have a couple of Muscovys i have one male and i one female, i have had them a few months and the female has started laying she has layed 18 eggs and then discided to go broody and has been sitting on them for 17 days, This morning i found a egg on the floor and it was stone cold so took it away, she then went back on the nest after having something to eat and when i went back later this afternoon there was another one on the floor, she is nesting in a barrel that she has picked and i think they are rolling out of the barrel so i have put a brick in front that she can get over on to the nest, she came off again tonight and all the eggs seem to be covered, I would like to know if in any way any one thinks we have put her off being on her nest? as i havent knowen her to come off the nest some many times in one day? I hope someone can help,

Mmm, it`s best not to interfere with her doing her thing. It`s normal they will pick out some eggs witch seem to be bad. She knows that best.
Thats why you will find some eggs. Could be that the nest is in a akward place, but i think she is picking out the bad...
My muscovy is breeding aswell. She comes twice a day and eat`s real quick. One time in the morning, one time early evening. But yesterday i only saw her in the evening, so no worry if she`s a little of...
I don`t think you scared her off. She`s doing exactly what`s she`s suppost to...
smile.png

Have fun waiting for the big moment to happen!!

i think it was a good idea to put the brick in front. sometimes the mothers are ordinary/clumsy/just plain bad broodies. if she really wants the egg out she'll pick it up, atleast with the brick in front you've covered any accidental roll outs
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom