Broody Silkie day 20 got off eggs

how long has it been like that...looks like an external pip,,,can you see a little beak? Is Mum off them again? She should be sitting tight now (i think)!

@silkienrescuesTo be honest I only just noticed the hole today when I did a quick inspection of the eggs after she got up for a short break!!! She came straight back to the eggs after 5 minutes and she's sitting on them again. I don't think that hole was there earlier, I think this mightve happened very recently. I tried looking through but I couldn't see anything just looks dark in there!

When they take that first breath it is so amazing! They sometimes take a while to make more progress, but usually hatching is pretty quick after they get past their first pip.

Just an update- we have 1 chick so far! And it is sooooo cute
2764.png
she's nice a warm cuddled up with mummy :) it truly is amazing! Now I'm still waiting on those 3 eggs, not sure whether they will hatch or not but I'm just gonna give them a little more time. Hopefully the rest will hatch tomorrow at day 25

Aww I loved reading this thread. Post picts of the new little one!! I thought the hole meant she was gone.. but wow.. life. Amazing!!! Did anymore of the eggs hatch?

Another egg hatched today!!!! And it's a black chick!!!! Soooo cute! She was screaming for her mum and she could barely walk so I helped her get under her mum's wing!!! 2 more to go
263a.png
I'll post pics

Back
Top Bottom