BROODY SILKIE HEN HATCH ALONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peep is doing good although it started raining and the weather says I'll have another two weeks of non stop rain so she might be moved into my garage if I need to move her... I'm hatching eggs in my incubator that just went into lockdown today so I'm planning on switching her eggs for the chicks and incubating her eggs and moving those chicks to the older batch! She'd probably get moved to my garage after hopefully successfully adopting the chicks from my incubator and I can't wait to see how this plan of mine goes! With the rain she has been getting more stressed out and left the nest all morning and hasn't really been getting back on them so I added more bedding and I'm praying she'll keep sitting on them!!! :fl

sadly there was a really bad storm and my nest boxes couldn't handle all the rain and leaked a little and that caused peep to abandon her nest, HOWEVER i have all her eggs in my incubator and they are all doing good! I'm extremely happy i saved then because when i found them they were ice cold and i think any longer and they would have died...

sadly there was a really bad storm and my nest boxes couldn't handle all the rain and leaked a little and that caused peep to abandon her nest, HOWEVER i have all her eggs in my incubator and they are all doing good! I'm extremely happy i saved then because when i found them they were ice cold and i think any longer and they would have died...
My hen just gave up on her eggs! I’ve got to throw them in the incubator with some eggs that are three days ahead of these 😫

I'll be following to see how they do! I have a broody on 9 but always worried something like that will come up. Can't control the weather, or the broody XD

Okay... Soooooo all the eggs have been in lockdown and although I was worried for a while they are actually all externally pipped except the two polish and one silkie egg!!!!!!
PXL_20240409_191813228.jpg

Back
Top Bottom