Brought in fertile egg by mistake. Feeling sad.

maymay8

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jun 29, 2008
Albuquerque, NM
morning - i've been having to clean out my broody's nest because other hens keep laying eggs to her. I marked the original clutch but yesterdya i guess i missed the mark on an egg and brought it in thinking it was an extra. i put it in the fridge where it stayed for over 24 hours. so this mrnig when i went to make breakfast i found it. figuring i'd killed it in the fridge, i threw it away and broke it out of curiousty (this is my first dealings with hathcing any eggs) and there was a little chicken in there. it didn't have much of a form, just looked like a gray glob no movement or anything. i feel sad that i killed it though of course it wasn't intentional. at least there are another 9 eggs in the clutch still. anyway...jsut wanted to share with folks who would understand my feelings.
maggie

Awwww, so sorry
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Dont be to hard on yourself, we all make mistakes !!!

Just make sure you mark them GOOD from now on !!

Good luck with the others
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

So sorry maymay everyone makes mistakes. I learned the hard way myself but learned alot from that mistake. Even the best of hatches who have done it for years still has those mistakes noone is perfect and we live through life lessons chalk this up to one of those.

I'm sorry to hear that... it seems a plenty honest mistake though. Don't worry about it. You just take it as learning. If we as people never made mistakes we would never learn.
smile.png

(((Hugs)))

Back
Top Bottom