Brown Leghorn Crosses

Puranin

Chirping
Dec 8, 2016
Tennessee
I have a brown Leghorn rooster and am currently trying to hatch several eggs. I have a Barred Rock, RIR, Buff Brahma and an Amaracana( I think she has fluffy cheeks a beard and slate gray legs) I was wondering if anyone had any pictures of chicks mixed with leghorns. I'm curious to see what crosses look like.

Your barred Rock hen will give you sex linked chicks. White head spots will be male, solid dark heads will be female. They should be colored pretty much like a hatchery black sex link.

I've done a brown Leghorn rooster over Easter egger hens. Not knowing what color your "Ameraucana" is, it's hard to say. My EE hens were wild-type, so the offspring looked very similar.......

You can see they had mixed type, funky combs, white earlobes from the Leghorn, and light beards and muffs from the EE. They were wonderful layers of large pale blue eggs.

I did that cross probably 10 years ago. I liked them so much last year I bought some brown leghorn hens and am putting them under my blue egger rooster for some more
smile.png

Here's some examples of an Araucana hen cross with a BLH cock bird (around 4 months). Both boys have muffs, but only one female. (the back left pullet is another cross).

Just a waiting game to see how many blue egg-laying pullets I have
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom