Brown Red Mottled D’Uccles Project

Pics
Hey, did i ever tell you i have a brown red D'uccle? She is my sweetest, favorite chicken, Minnie. She is from Ideal Poultry. I just looked online, and they aren't offering brown red anymore. :(

Hey, did i ever tell you i have a brown red D'uccle? She is my sweetest, favorite chicken, Minnie. She is from Ideal Poultry. I just looked online, and they aren't offering brown red anymore. :(
I thinks you did. I was looking on there the other day to maybe order some for the project and I also saw that they too that they no longer offered them.

I breed them! They are probably my friendliest chicks! My pen is actually white/gold and brown/red.
PXL_20230423_212919806~2.jpg

I breed them! They are probably my friendliest chicks! My pen is actually white/gold and brown/red. View attachment 3481970
Omg how amazing! I swear there is something to that color.. extra sweet! I have a blue splash cochin who is so grumpy, and i had been warned about black cochins (bantams anyway), so i do think sometimes there is something that sticks with a breed.. so im kind of convinced brown-reds have extra sweetness going on.

Do you have more pics of yours??

Here is Minnie, my brown-red, along with grumpy butt Elsa, and my polkie, Betty.

20230424_154408.jpg

Omg how amazing! I swear there is something to that color.. extra sweet! I have a blue splash cochin who is so grumpy, and i had been warned about black cochins (bantams anyway), so i do think sometimes there is something that sticks with a breed.. so im kind of convinced brown-reds have extra sweetness going on.

Here is Minnie, my brown-red, along with grumpy butt Elsa, and my polkie, Betty.

View attachment 3482196
Your hen isn’t genetically brown red (gold/red birchen), she looks like a mixed partridge color, very interesting!

Here is Minnie, my brown-red, along with grumpy butt Elsa, and my polkiYour hen isn’t genetically brown red (gold/red birchen), she looks like a mixed partridge color, very interesting!
That’s what I was thinking
I breed them! They are probably my friendliest chicks! My pen is actually white/gold and brown/red. View attachment 3481970
what do your brown reds look like as adults?

View attachment 3482196
She’s cute and so are your other two hens!

Your hen isn’t genetically brown red (gold/red birchen), she looks like a mixed partridge color, very interesting!
That’s what I was thinking, still a pretty bird.

If it helps, these are brown red ameraucanas. Same color. Brown red usually seems to refer to a mostly black bird with a red head.. or in the case of males, red hackle and saddle feathers. I couldn't find any online photos of actual brown red d'uccles, but I also found a drawn photo.
1682510019989.jpeg
50_750x750_Front_Color-White.jpg

Back
Top Bottom