Budgie Eggs!

Yes, pics, please! Oh, I so want budgies! Not sure it would work though, since I have cats. I have had cats and budgies before though. One cat used to nap on top of the very large cage that had 3 birds, and one of the birds would hang upside down and pluck her fur. They seemed to get along peacefully.
I sooo badly want a cat but my dad (a 50 year old man serving in the MILITARY who fought in the WAR) is afraid of CATS. I don't get how people fight in wars but then are like "ew a cat" like it doesn't get through my head. I'd like to rescue a stray cat though, someday

Had exams, forgot about this thread AGAIN but good news this time!

Pair #1 -
View attachment 3024824
The oldest baby steps out of the nest box time to time! The yellow youngling is the baby of pair #3 if you don't remember! All healthy :)

Pair #2 -
View attachment 3024825
The oldest baby is out!!
View attachment 3024826
The younglings! Plucked but fed!

Pair #5 -
View attachment 3024827
Fuzzy green children!
pretty sure this female (who laid 3 eggs this time) is the same one in this picture (the blue bird sitting out of thr nest box) I've had sooo many blue budgies I think I forgot who she is

Is this supposed to be a charged reply? Sorry if I'm taking this the wrong way, but I'm always trying to get better with my birds? Living in a third world country and my parents not being filthy rich, it's not possible for me to buy costly things for my birds. Flight cages here cost more than my school tuition fees. So I always try to help DIY cages? I made Pudina's cage myself with some wood and wires because big cages are costly in the pet shops. I go out to walk everyday at night with my sister, and if I find a good lookinh branch on the ground safe for birds, I pick it up and give them to my birds to perch? They literally only ever stay in the wired cages when they're breeding because I don't like colony breeding?? I know there are a gazillion things I can improve, but like??? I'm still young and I don't earn myself?? I'm literally just sharing these pics because some people here are my friends and want updates at times, if it wasn't for them, I would stop opening BYC completely?? I don't even own chickens anymore?? It's so frustrating when people come telling me what to do then demeaning me for it like I don't know?? I know exactly where to improve but sorry my dad is living in a third world country and isn't rich I guess??
People just like giving “advice“ or commenting on the internet. They think they know better from the small bit of your life they can see:rolleyes:, if people actually wanted to give helpful advice that is not the way the should go about it!

People just like giving “advice“ or commenting on the internet. They think they know better from the small bit of your life they can see:rolleyes:, if people actually wanted to give helpful advice that is not the way the should go about it!
I very much agree with this! That kind of comment is not how you teach or educate people, I know I for one wouldn't be comfortable listening to someone talk to me like that.
@Zoohtasim I haven't read this whole thread, but how many budgies do you currently own? :)

I think your cages are fine. As long as the birds can fly and perch, there is nothing wrong with cages that aren't mass-produced or pretty. And often, making them yourself is a labor of love, incorporating what you know birds need (think of all the invective thrown at prefab coops). Considering what some of our chicken coops and runs look like, you'd think people would know that! As long as you know your birds are happy and safe, that all that matters.

Wow, that's a lot :love
I am truly not trying to be rude but just in regards to Pudina chewing the hanging swing, if it was rope just be careful cause that can impact their crop if they're ingesting the strands.
Yes! I came to know about rope toys being bad from the ElleAndBirds youtube channel! None of my birds really chew on the rope toy so it's fine I think. What he does chew is the wood! (the toy had a wooden part before which he destroyed)

Yes! I came to know about rope toys being bad from the ElleAndBirds youtube channel! None of my birds really chew on the rope toy so it's fine I think. What he does chew is the wood! (the toy had a wooden part before which he destroyed)
That's good! That's a pretty good YT channel too :)

Back
Top Bottom