Buff and saxony ducks

critterranch

Songster
9 Years
Oct 1, 2010
Red Creek, New York
who has them? i like both but cant decide. was thinking about getting crested buffs from ideal, but i love saxony ducks. cant find any crested saxonys any where. was thinking of breeding my own crested saxony. i cant decide.

We have a pair of Saxonys and absolutely love them. We were at a show a couple months ago and saw them in the sale aisle and decided that we had to have them. We ended up culling all of our Swedish so that we just had them and I dont regret it at all. They are much calmer and more personable than my Swedish were. The hen has started laying so with luck I will be able to get some eggs into the incubator before to long
fl.gif

I'm also thinking of adding a Saxony to the mix. They are beautiful birds! I've heard they are a bit quieter than others, but proof is in the pudding for me!

I have very small flocks of both breeds and really enjoy them. Saxonies are more mellow and quieter. Buffs are more of a dual purpose breed and will lay more eggs. Saxonies are definitely a meat breed. Fewer eggs, but (I suspect) lovely to eat.

I don't know what the personality of hatchery Buffs would be like.

Back
Top Bottom