Buff Orp, Pullet or cockerel?

kdolly87

Songster
5 Years
Dec 22, 2014
Dalton Ga
Here's "Dolly" lol so what do you think? Approximately 10 week old buff orpington.

I vote cockerel but I am not totally sure. So if you can't keep cockerels please do wait a bit longer.

The tail feathers really are looking a bit long.

Yeah I'm going to wait until it crows lol my aunt will be taking him or her. I can't kill it. Too sweet of a bird for that

I'm on the fence on this one... It's not the glossiness of the hackle feathers ( I have a laying hen with very glossy hackle feathers) that is a sign of very good health. Looking for pointed hackle and saddle feathers instead of rounded, and I'm not sure I see any points.
Comb and wattles are a bit red, but not too big. Maybe give it 2 more weeks and see. My first thought was pullet though, but it is hard to see the feathers properly.
One pic looks like pullet, another pic looks cockerel. :/

I'm on the fence on this one... It's not the glossiness of the hackle feathers ( I have a laying hen with very glossy hackle feathers) that is a sign of very good health. Looking for pointed hackle and saddle feathers instead of rounded, and I'm not sure I see any points.
Comb and wattles are a bit red, but not too big. Maybe give it 2 more weeks and see. My first thought was pullet though, but it is hard to see the feathers properly.
One pic looks like pullet, another pic looks cockerel. :/

It's so hard to photograph them! The lighting and everything has to be just right. And they never stand still lol we'll give it more time. :)

Back
Top Bottom