buff orpington 8ish weeks

AnnaL

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jun 3, 2014
I'm new at this and from what I've been reading about cockerels v pullets, I'm left a little confused on our only buff orpington (mix-up at the store- we were supposed to have 6, but they sold us 5 of the wrong breed) since I don't have any same breed/age comparisons. I'm thinking boy because the comb and waddle are already red, but I'd like to be wrong. This pic was last week and the only difference now is he's slightly bigger and feathers are a little smoother.

Thanks!

here's another pic from a couple days later that shows the coloring and size better

Update: the appearance hasn't changed much just bigger body. So we're fairly certain she's a pullet. Thanks for your help

I'm new at this and from what I've been reading about cockerels v pullets, I'm left a little confused on our only buff orpington (mix-up at the store- we were supposed to have 6, but they sold us 5 of the wrong breed) since I don't have any same breed/age comparisons. I'm thinking boy because the comb and waddle are already red, but I'd like to be wrong. This pic was last week and the only difference now is he's slightly bigger and feathers are a little smoother. Thanks!
The legs are saying cockerel, so aren't the comb and wattles, but the tail looks like a pullet! Please keep us updated!

Update I'm all confused again. Here's a picture from today approximately 15 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom