Buff Orpington odd feathers

2BD4C10C

Songster
7 Years
Jun 30, 2015
East TN
So I have this 5 week old Buff Orpington who has feathers that look like she has stuck her beak in a light socket
gig.gif
her "sister" is smooth like I expect one to be but this pullet reminds me of a frizzle only not so frazzled
tongue.png

So what is up with this little pullet?

Last edited:
Its hard to tell anything is wrong, could you get pictures in better lighting? She may just be growing a few wacky feathers here and there.

If it was just a few feathers I wouldnt think much of it. But they are all over her body, top and bottom. I will take more pics this evening after work. My phone wouldnt flash because my battery was low.

To me it looks like it's only on it's back, and they look more like broken feathers from rubbing on something, or perhaps from picking. The rest of the chick looks normal.

She may lose them when she molts. I think maybe any breed can turn up with a frizzle or two but, she doesn't look frizzled to me. More like bed head (feathers) I think, maybe she doesn't preen her feathers at all.

To me it looks like it's only on it's back, and they look more like broken feathers from rubbing on something, or perhaps from picking. The rest of the chick looks normal.

The feathers are not broken or damaged in any way. They are complete feathers just have a curl to them.

There are some on her body as well and on her wings just hard to get a good picture of them all. I guess time will tell :)

The feathers are not broken or damaged in any way. They are complete feathers just have a curl to them.

There are some on her body as well and on her wings just hard to get a good picture of them all. I guess time will tell :)
So??? How did she come out? I have one who is doing the same and i can't wait to see how she ends up!!

Back
Top Bottom