Buff Orpington with black and white?

Ilovemychicks08

For nothing will be impossible with God-Luke 1:37
Premium Feather Member
Apr 2, 2021
Wisconsin
My Buff Orpington will be 3 in March. She has always had black speckled dots on her tail but her last molt made them appear more. And i never noticed but her wings have white on it. She is buff all over besides those areas. And her feet are muddy right now.
I got her from a local farm store that got the chicks from Cackle Hatchery. Is it just because of hatchery quality? Or is it something else?
20240129_153941.jpg
20240129_153935.jpg
20240129_154008.jpg

My Buff Orpington will be 3 in March. She has always had black speckled dots on her tail but her last molt made them appear more. And i never noticed but her wings have white on it. She is buff all over besides those areas. And her feet are muddy right now.
I got her from a local farm store that got the chicks from Cackle Hatchery. Is it just because of hatchery quality? Or is it something else?View attachment 3736532 View attachment 3736530View attachment 3736531
That's common with Buff Orpingtons, more so the black in the tail, then the white in feathering.

That's common with Buff Orpingtons, more so the black in the tail, then the white in feathering.
Buff Orpingtons have a lot of genes that spread gold all over their bodies and reduce black. The tail is the last part for black to leave so it breeders have to work hard to breed it out.
It is common in hatchery birds.
Ok thanks. I was just wondering mainky about the wings as its never been white till her last molt.

Back
Top Bottom