RT Goth Barn

Chirping
May 10, 2023
Muscle Shoals, AL
We purchased some Crèvecœurs from our local farm store who supplies Hoover's chicks.
The bin was filled with black, blue, splash ans white Crèvecœurs (unless RK mislabeled them) and we got one that seemed to be blue with splashes of black and white, and one white one. However, I'm having trouble finding much info on the existence of anything besides black Crèvecœurs.

Has anyone else purchased their Crèvecœurs? If you have, can you post pictures of them a little older? Do they maintain their color or have they molted to all black? Im very interested to see adults that are splash and white because there are less than a handful of pictures floating around the internet of those!

They're about 12 and a half weeks now, still rockin the same colors, and haven't seemed to have their last mini molt yet?
They were purchased as helpers to our sight impaired white legbar, and she loves them so much!

Pictures of them the day we brought them home and Some "before" pics from a few weeks ago when their crests finally blinded them and were given ponytails 😂

Attachments

• PSX_20231118_134923.jpg
    PSX_20231118_134923.jpg
    839.1 KB · Views: 16
  • PSX_20231118_142355.jpg
    PSX_20231118_142355.jpg
    442.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 20240125_014805.jpg
    20240125_014805.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 10
  • 20240125_015341.jpg
    20240125_015341.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 9
We purchased some Crèvecœurs from our local farm store who supplies Hoover's chicks.
The bin was filled with black, blue, splash ans white Crèvecœurs (unless RK mislabeled them) and we got one that seemed to be blue with splashes of black and white, and one white one. However, I'm having trouble finding much info on the existence of anything besides black Crèvecœurs.

Has anyone else purchased their Crèvecœurs? If you have, can you post pictures of them a little older? Do they maintain their color or have they molted to all black? Im very interested to see adults that are splash and white because there are less than a handful of pictures floating around the internet of those!

They're about 12 and a half weeks now, still rockin the same colors, and haven't seemed to have their last mini molt yet?
They were purchased as helpers to our sight impaired white legbar, and she loves them so much!

Pictures of them the day we brought them home and Some "before" pics from a few weeks ago when their crests finally blinded them and were given ponytails 😂
The breed originated from Normandie in France and was almost extinct before it was re-created in the 70s. The french standard allows black, white, cuckoo, blue and grey

Someone had done a review on them here. They're saying black is basically the only color, but blue is in other countries. Maybe you've got a couple Polish?

https://www.backyardchickens.com/reviews/crevecoeur.10847/
I've been wondering if I got some polish, but seeing now at 3.5 months they are bigger than my almost 5 month old cemanis and sport legbars, they are about the size of some of my smaller/less fluffy standard size year old ladies (California white, Iowa Blue, cream legbar) so I think polish is out 😂

The breed originated from Normandie in France and was almost extinct before it was re-created in the 70s. The french standard allows black, white, cuckoo, blue and grey
I have seen that, so I'm thinking they are maybe starting to expand colors hatcheries here! blue color is evening out on the one with multiple colors, but still a few white feathers in the crest. And the other is definitely white!

Depends on where the line gor hoovers came from. Greenfire imported stock with the BBS genes. There are other lines that only have black.

Back
Top Bottom