Bugs Crawling Around Hen's Vent

They are trying to "clean" themselves where I have sprayed them. They are arranging their feathers and may be ingesting it. How bad is that? What can I do?

Take a breath. <3 It's okay. Your chickens are okay. YOU are okay. :)

It sounds like your chickens have come down with some mites/lice. Spray or dust them and let the product work its magic.

They eat poop. A little lice spray won't hurt. ;)

MrsB

Take a breath. <3 It's okay. Your chickens are okay. YOU are okay. :)

It sounds like your chickens have come down with some mites/lice. Spray or dust them and let the product work its magic.

They eat poop. A little lice spray won't hurt. ;)

MrsB

Thank you.
roll.png
I appreciate it.

Should I rinse them off or just leave the spray alone? Will their feathers be okay?

I would just leave them alone. They will be fine... They will need to be re-treated along with your coop, nest boxes, and roosts at 7 day intervals for mites, and 10 days for lice until you see no further bugs or eggs. Those links in post #2 are very good if you read all of them a few times.

Thank you.
roll.png
I appreciate it.

I know how you feel, though. I'm the FIRST one to run screaming to @casportpony or @Eggcessive that my poor chicken has stubbed her toe or something.
D.gif

With a little Sevin dust on hand (it's by far the most cost-effective method I've found to treat lice and such), you'll be well on your way to a happy healthy flock in the future. <3

MrsB

Back
Top Bottom