Bugs?

I have the same things. These are black, pin-point bugs. It seem that I have them covering me after I open the feed container that's in our garage. I can't see them without magnifiers. You can feel them crawling all over you and they bite. the bite swells, and itches really bad, it gets hard and when you scrape it with a nail a small hard piece of skin, sometimes blackened on inside part. They are easily smashed, but seem to fall off or fly or something. My chickens use their dusting pans on a regular basis, and I haven't noticed the bugs after being in the coop. Could this be a bug in the feed?

I just noticed them today on me. I think I put mine in the coop on some new straw. Crawling all over eggs I collected. I read, wearing a mask, put 7 dust all over chickens, heavy. Focus a lot under wings and vent area. All over coop. In nesting boxes. Clean out coop good. Do every 7 days for 3 weeks to get them all.. Egg laying cycle. Then use DE heavily in coop. Said good to provide a dusting box with DE and wood ash. Really watch rooster the most. At LEAST check him every two weeks (this is after you are sure they are all gone THIS time). Said he will spread it faster than anything. Also mice in coop.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom