building a coop in part of the barn?

k9chickenlady

Chirping
9 Years
Apr 30, 2014
Hi there?

I am moving and am needing to build a coop in a hurry so I am thinking about building a coop in part of the barn. Have you done this? Pictures please :) , pros, cons, opinions, ideas all welcomed. It also seems I have raccoons in the area so I am buying up the hardware cloth. Thank You!

Hi there?

I am moving and am needing to build a coop in a hurry so I am thinking about building a coop in part of the barn. Have you done this? Pictures please :) , pros, cons, opinions, ideas all welcomed. It also seems I have raccoons in the area so I am buying up the hardware cloth. Thank You!
I'll post what I did when I go down in an hour. We made some old lambing stalls into pens

What do you have to work with? Photo's of yours might help. I don't now that photos of mine would help you much, Mine was a shed, not a barn. I just built a wall. I started to attach photos but they really won't help you. I assume you plan to use a stall. It's hard to write in detail since I don't know what you have to work with or what that stall looks like.

In general it should give you a great opportunity to make a predator proof area quickly, whether temporary or permanent. Since it is in a barn you can probably provide a lot of good ventilation protected from rain and wind. Roosts can be installed pretty quickly. Nests can be as simple or complicated as you want to make them. Doors are probably the biggest concern and may take the most time.

Moving is hectic. I don't know what kind of weather you are looking at or how many chickens, but my suggestion is to do something quick and easy until you are settled. Plan what you want for permanent. That barn should give you a chance for both. It sounds way too good to pass up.

Back
Top Bottom