Building a pond - step by step - mostly complete post71

You could try your local pet store? Do you know how many gallons your pond is? If not calculate: l'x w' x d' x 7.5

1 oz treats 2000 gallons, I can send you an oz for $6 (that's including a postage stamp.)

Otherwise you can try to buy directly from them which ill get website/phone # today.

Hi! every one . that is a fantastic good project to do it now witm my eight grandchildren . as a matter fact i"d been thinking just to do something like that with all of them . can imagine all the fun they wii have . that is very nice what you done . i like my self too . wonderfull ,keep me posted .thanks bye luz

Woo hoo - they have figured it out on their own already.

I've been picking them up and putting them on the steps to get in and trying to convince them to use the steps to get out. Ally has been flying out while Cadbury uses the steps out. But they hadn't been going in on their own.
We came back this afternoon and the ducks were in the pond!

Quote:
what size is your pond and how deep is it? where does your pump sit to pump water to waterfall? it looks so good, does the ducks mess up the water?

I have been thinking of building a duck and goose pond, and some of your ideas are fantastic! If I can run a thought by you guys... I was thinking of putting in a bottom drain like that, but instead of a ball valve like you have I was thinking of running the drain to the pump so that it will be sucking the water from the bottom and hopefully remove more of the waste. Then when I wanted to drain it I could just hook an outlet hose to the pump to direct the water to where I want it to go. I am also thinking of putting heat tape from the drain to the pump so maybe between the water movement and the heat tape, maybe it would keep the water open through a North Dakota winter? Thoughts?

I hate people like you
tongue.gif
all I have is a hand dug hole in the ground with a hose stuck in it. Now I have to look into liner material, filtration, getting a backhoe, then I'll have to get more birds since I always make things bigger than what I need, then I'll have to ........
th.gif

No, I really like the project, great job

well, it's all nasty green now LOL
I ordered some of the Microblift TAC stuff yesterday, so hopefully that shows up soon and helps take care of the poop/green

Back
Top Bottom