Building a Run on a Hillside

Silverduck

Crowing
16 Years
Oct 26, 2007
Walker County, Alabama
Do any of you know any how to's on building a run on sloping ground? We are going to use 4x4 treated post, need to know how to keep it level and looking nice at the same time. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I live on a hill as well. I think what we are going to do is level the roof line of the pen and leave the floor at the slope of the land. It isn't horribly steep. If it was I would build a wooden floor, like a deck, and then build on that. We are going to pour a thin layer of concrete in ours because we have ground squirrels and mice that might dig into the coop.

If you put in a wooden floor you could cover it with a cheap piece of vinyl flooring and then use the deep liter method on the floor.

Thanks for your replies, I don't know how to post pictures on here. Our coop is 8x10 we are coming off the front with the run, the run will be 10x12 it is 26" on the low side and 7" on the high side. If we dig down on the high side we are afraid all the water will just flood the run or stand in the run. If we fill in the on the low side it probably would still wash down the hill. We have the coop done and it is level, we put plastic lattice on the front, sloping with the lay of the land. I hope this makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom